metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Saturday, May 27, 2006

We Are The Youth Gone Wld

Well what a busy day. I have been and had morning tea at Robertson while dropping off an order and getting the instructions for the next. The of course we cannot forget about SnB and then the music is all done despite the fact some didnt hand in folders and the need for new ones as the old ones are now full.

Tomorrow poses an equally busy day as it is Red Shield Appeal and I have a BBQ to cook and also a small stint of playing in the band. So it will be my valued knitting time taken away from me. I normally would be a driver and sit and knit while the collectors collect moving slowly about the streets they are collecting in. This year we have less collectors but changed the focus to having a Commmunity Fun Day at our church.

Yes so as it all unfolds I am a fully uniformed Salvation Army Soldier who plays 2nd Cornet in the band and loves Food, Knitting and yes Ailsa, Heavy Metal. It seems an odd combination but the love of playing in the band really has for the fact I crave the fast pace of Marches although we dont get to play them as much as I would like. I simply cannot live without my crisp and tight drumming of the metal music and well as my taste really vaires across from Hair metal, Black metal and some that would be borderline heavy rock.

Todays mood has been back on the school disco days of listening to Skid Row and their song Youth Gone Wild. I guess these lyrics can really get it going,

Since I was born they couldn't hold me down
Another misfit kid, another burned-out town

Never played by the rules I never really cared
My nasty reputation takes me everywhere

I look and see it's not only me
So many others have stood where I stand
We are the young so raise your hands

They call us problem child
We spend our lives on trial
We walk an endless mile
We are the youth gone wild
We stand and we won't fall
We're the one and one for all
The writing's on the wall
We are the youth gone wild

Boss screamin' in my ear about who I'm supposed to be
Getcha a 3-piece Wall Street smile and son you'll look just like me

I said "Hey man, there's something that you oughta know.
I tell ya Park Avenue leads to Skid Row."

It was always played and hear us all yell "Skid Row" sticks in my mind. I had a metal group of friends back then and we all did cross stitch and learned to spin and dye wool as well as many other country crafts in our sewing class. The machines were not the best so we did everything but use them. I can hardly sew despite 4 years of class. I know about how a fabric is made or what natural products mak ok dyes if you boil them for a good while without mordant.

But despite the sane dressing heavy metal freak I still want to have some of the posters I had on my wall from years ago of barely clad Metal bands and well some are just a real treat for the eyes.


Gee dont the boys from Warrant make good pin ups.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:57 am, Blogger Jae said…

    My friend from highschool was a huge fan of Warrant (and others). That brings back so many memories!

     
  • At 10:26 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    "She's my Cherry Pie".

    I remember the days of Warrant as well.

    The year was 1991 and other hits like Sucker DJ and 3am eternal were the on the charts.

    Cathy

     
  • At 11:53 am, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Tiane, you certainly are an interesting woman. Good luck finding time to knit today.

     
  • At 2:15 pm, Blogger Suzi said…

    Cherry Pie!

    It's about the only hit of their's I do remember, but I do remember the boys with their long hair.

    There's just not enough rock or long hair in today's music scene. Even Metallica have got respectable hair cuts, what is the world coming too?

    Speaking of Cock Sock's, at our SnB stall at the local market on Saturday a lady asked if we had "willy warmers" as she was off to a 50th and thought it would be wonderful if you could still buy them!
    Sharon who was on the stall with me had a good laugh when I told her about the link you left and said we may have to have a special "under the counter" section at our stall!

    Suzi

     
  • At 2:33 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    I LOVED Youth Gone Wild when I was younger!

    Warrent..Use to listen to some of their stuff too.

    Hope you get some knitting time.
    Katt

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Anonymous Natt said…

    Ahhh yes.... a dancing nana! I have that image of you in my head again Tianne! A dancing nana, in a flanny shirt, hanging on tight to walking frame, head banging to metal music whilst trying to keep dentures in mouth *lol*

    Be careful! You might do in a hip! hehe

    C ya soon!

    ~Natt~

     
  • At 5:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home