metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Sunday, June 11, 2006

English weather for Queens weekend



Well Long weekend for some normal for me and how do you spend what could be classed as a freezing wet weekend? Knitting the miles of orders you need to do well in real truth I have been bogged on the bed socks in Khaki 8ply. It is a dread to knit the colour is getting boring as there are 80 rows of rib before I knit the foot. I am using the Patons bed sock pattern and the request was for the longer leg version. I have finally got on to the 2nd sock but am still wading through the rib of it after knitting fairly solid all day. Well I did have to have a nap as it is so cold grey and the best place was back there. So total accomplishement for the first weekend free in ages just 1 pair of bed socks. I guess it wanted to accomplish more and it didnt happen as the socks too far too much more time than I expected.
I have a quite a list still as I want to try and get more orders out of the way and get back to normal again. 3 of the ladies from work have all ordered the same scarf in bendigo wool in cyclamen which is a deep hot pink. The wool should arrive this week so I will take them to the Craft fair at Darling Harbour next weekend. I will try to restrain myself from making too many purchases so there is money back in the kitty to get a digital camera sooner that later. That is if I get my latest plan in the right action.
Well it is back to the bed socks as they must get done. It is a paying order so I must do so.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:59 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Miles of rib?? Not my cup of tea!! Though - I am considering making old fashioned long socks for the Sock competition next year. Sigh!

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger Annie said…

    At least that are nearly done, then you can get on with all the others things that need doing. I am going to try and buy only what I need at the craft fair on the weekend. I just have to remember to get up and to the bus stop by around 7am.

     
  • At 4:56 pm, Anonymous chezza said…

    Sounds like fun..... i like the idea of the hot pink thingys..... how much....

    I shall visit you soonish when we both have time, damn havent see you in almost 5 years.

    miss me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home