metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Its Grey, Its Grey .....


Well the song Black Is Black by Los Bravos has been on my mind for a few days as this was 7 am today from my front door. It seems that as a certain someone has left the state it has been Grey and wet and I even woke to a storm on Tuesday morning. Sorry no storm pics and as I tend to refer to being a knitter and take a keen interest in the weather I am not a Storm Chaser or Severe weather nut.


But Progress is slowly making its way on the 3 scarves for some nice young Ladies at work. Here is the first one at the half way point and it wont take long to speed the other 2 along as well. The only problem I have is which one gets the first scarf. There may be a hat draw to make it even so I dont have any fuss or try to churn out 2 scarves real quick.




The first baby blanket is here lovely Estonian Lullaby blanket. More of a pram cover really. I have the set to complete and then the 2nd set and blanket. I do hope the families who receive these will like and treasure the time and thoughts I have put into them. I know that one will and I have been putting all I can into it as Junior as I have dubbed him is certainly going to be the one I have the most contact with.

Well time for more knitting and I will hopefully move along well as I am fully qualified for another 3 years to be a work recognised First Aider. Gee those questions wasted alot of time that could have been used knitting.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:15 am, Blogger Jae said…

    The lullaby blanket is beautiful! I am getting ready to start a lace baby blanket, and that might be the ticket. Would you mind sharing the name of the pattern?

     
  • At 9:05 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    I love the lullaby blanket.

    It's a beautiful pattern.

    Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.

    How well do the broomstick crochet scarves sell as I was thinking of selling some in the shop that I knit for?

    Cathy

     
  • At 9:49 am, Blogger Annie said…

    The baby blanket is beautiful.

    See you tomorrow, enjoy your last day ever at 28 years old.

     
  • At 11:27 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    I might just do a few scarves and put them in the shop to see how they sell.

    Cathy

     
  • At 12:14 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Congrats on your renewed first aid cert. I got mine last aug.

    Wasnt it bleak this morning. It is midday and there are still heavy clouds on the mountains here.

    See you tomorrow.

     
  • At 2:35 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh, what nice knitting!!! Being certified is very good. When I was at Uni part of our training was to do the Red Cross First Aid course.

     
  • At 4:21 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    Knitting looks great!

    You are doing well.

    I am rather slack at the moment with my order from Kerry..Really gotta get my A into G and knit more! lol

    Katt

     
  • At 6:30 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    It's always risky to knit for others - I am sure they will love the little blanket, but non-knitters can't possibly appreciate the time it takes to create such lovely things!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home