metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Never Ending Story .....


Well the bed socks are done and will be delivered on Sunday Morning to the Lady who has requested them. With the left over yarn a small beanie was promptly cast on while still at work yesterday. I have even made progress on the second front of the baby set number one. I have made a good plan of attack and well maybe can stick to this as it seems to work fairly well. You have easy pick up put down piece for work and a more challenging thing while you read blogs. See then the next blanket can be started and get it under way. It is the massive cast on I hate doing so Ill soon settle quietly to do that with its 176 stitches to be put on. Best thing is that now I have a grasp on the orders I may soon have enough saved for a digital camera.





There is also the matter of a few skeins of wool that are hanging in my bedroom that need to be wound into balls so I will think about doing those on another rainy cold day when it is too nasty to leave the front door. I dont think it will be this weekend as I am at the craft fair on Saturday and then order delivery on Sunday and well have a few other things to fit in as well. I might get one of the 3 scarves finished as the nice bright wool arrived today and well the girls will be happy with them once they are finished. Our work place is very cold of an evening inside with the air conditoning set to what we find freezing even in mid summer.


Well I might have to knit up a storm to get some more of the wool down from my bed and someday I'll organise the room a bit better. It is getting harder all the time as someone comes and says can you take this order please and it all gets setback again. I only got behind as last year I got a nonstop order for a particular beaded scarf and well as soon as I finished 1 a few more were ordered and it was for a good 4 months this occurred. So soon I may actually catch up and turn some of the wool I have for my garments can turn into my wardrobe.

So back to the knitting and reading as the new Yarn magazine has arrived.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:36 am, Blogger Annie said…

    I must remember to check out newsagents at lunchtime for Yarn magazine.

    Just keep on knitting girl. What are you going to take for knitting on Saturday?

     
  • At 2:57 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Yes, my YARN arrived to day and I am about to have a cup of tea and read the magazine!!!

     
  • At 4:38 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    I will have to go hunt down YARN in the newsagencies tomorrow..Hope it has something really nice in it.

    I know the feeling of not being able to knit things to make your stash go down when knitting for others.

    Katt

     
  • At 4:42 pm, Blogger Suzi said…

    You seem busy on the knitting order fornt! It will be good when you get oyur digital camera, it kind of makes all your hard work seem more worthwile when you can finally get something you really want in return.

    I bought the new Yarn magazine today I was very excited to see all the socks. Then my sister pointed out that they are all nearly toe up socks. Boogelly!

    I am intrigued by your muppets button, I love the muppets. An addiction left over form child hood.

    Suzi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home