metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Oh what a day


Today our Knitters Guild group travelled up to the Craft and Quilt Show at Darling Harbour. Sorry no pics here but go over to Ruby Girl to check them out. I gtried not to doo too much damage but Bendigo Woollen Mills had me hook, line and sinker. As we were providing the support,information and watch over the Guild display people would ask where was there a good wool seller in the fair. All of us kept saying "Bendigo on stand D19". Most of us were either knitting with their lovely budget affordable yarn or had purchased more to help keep our fix. I do have to admit despite the fact I really was on the look out for sock yarn I came home with none as I can get it at least $3 cheaper down here.

I was pretty well behaved with the purchases as I only got a ball a friend wanted and then a few of Bendigo's patters as they are $2.50 each compared to others it is a steal. I also got some wool for bed socks and 2 balls of cranberry that may turn into a childs jumper instead of the intened vest for me. I really like the family pattern for the jumper and cardigan I got from them.

So today was spent wandering looking at Quilts and Wearable Art, checking out what wool stands had wool that called out to me in the budget. (I only spent $63.50 on the Bendigo Stand) and sitting on the Guild stand knitting and catching up with a fellow knitter that I only get to see at larger get togethers. It is nice to have someone who can totally inspire you that has a vison to create a Fair Isle Jumper to show His postcard of Scotland as he sees it. Yes even passers by would stop look and think "thats a man sitting there knitting". We were tucked up in the corner chatting about knitting, blogs and yarn stores.

Well as I did behave myself on the budget I will see If the pocket money is enough for a Digital Camera tomorrow. Also to end with a little meme.

Please leave a one word comment that you think best describes me. Only ONE word though possums. Then copy and paste this into your blog and leave me a message so I can return the favour.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:11 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh, I hope you have enough for a camera. I love mine. I have a memory card and I can have 308 pictures instead of only 18!! It sounds like you have a great time with great knitting people. That meme thing is too hard for me!!!! I never use one word when I could use 42!!

     
  • At 3:59 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Chamelion..

     
  • At 6:50 pm, Anonymous Donni said…

    Unique

     

Post a Comment

<< Home