metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Until it sleeps


Well I had a interesting night after a relaxing day of knitting. Friday saw the rarest ever thing a night shift in our centre. It gave me time to knit and then have dinner at Hogs Breath with other work friends before joining the Winter in Wollongong Pj's and slippers day at work. No I didnt wear my pjs but had my slippers and a tracksuit with my flanno shirt underneath. Mind you I did buy new pj's they have sheep knitting and hilding skeins of wool and wearing scarves. But I couldnt wear my pjs as I really didnt feel comfortable to wear them at work with people I dont really know.

So after a lovely day knitting the bands of my christmas present cardi from last year that my mother has been knitting it was time for a hearty dinner with friends and then work. I was able to knit a good large chunk of the back of a vest I cast on before all the orders got so thick it is a jungle. I only have to finish the back and then cast on the fronts for mum to knit. Not to bad considering I was getting paid to knit as was at work between calls.

It was a cruisy night and well I watched football and Big Brother uplate as well as Rage. Rage at 3am was cool it was my music but then at 4am it was some other garbage. At 6 am it was nice to look out the windows and see the building slowly appear in the dawn of the new day and what a beautiful day it was even if I slept till lunch but I have the proof of a great weather day from my mate. Thanks again Steve.




Well it is late and I'm finally caught up on 2 nights worth of net time so I guess as it is some odd hour as normal I should go off to bed before someone kicks me off there to sleep in the new pj's. But this song greeted me in the car at 7am leaving work.

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

So close, no matter how far

Couldn't be much more from the heart

Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way

Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say

and nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us something new

Open mind for a different view

and nothing else matters

never cared for what they do

never cared for what they know

but I know

3 Comments:

  • At 12:39 pm, Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said…

    I do love the Garfield pic. Thats so me in the morning:D

    Your choice in music is perfect. 80's rock is the best!

    That pic of the ocean is so awesome. Thanks for sharing and visiting.

     
  • At 10:53 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I have hardly ever seen in the New Year, let alone worked a night shift!! Good knitting time though!!! There was never any knitting time at school, it was frowned on at staff meeting!!!
    PS Harki and Peri have Excellent Adventures : today they had one in the rubbish bin while I was out!!!!

     
  • At 4:32 pm, Blogger Suzi said…

    Being greeted by Metallica early in the morning, I could handle that, especially if they brought me cups of tea. Of course I expect them to be wearing some sort of outrageous pj's. Maybe with frogs or apes on it. Or better yet trains.

    Suzi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home