metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Right Royal GP's

Knitting update first today I think. 2nd Pink scarf is done and just about to give it to the owner. I had to give the first one earlier as it needed to be used for the snow. I will move on to the third rather soon.Baby blanket is just 6 patterns away from the edging being put on. Baby has 6 weeks and hope to get it out asap before the 9th September as I know a baby shower for the mum is on that day.
Then I'll take a quick interlude and make 2 pairs of bootees for Bulli Show and see what else I can rusttle up for the entries. Photos I will pick up tomorrow.


Ok whats with the boots you say. Apart from someone may just get the idea what I mean by this I actually just picked up a new pair (no this is one older one newer) on Ebay for 99 cents. The one on the left is my older pair and I have loved everymoment I have worn them. The right hand side is the newer bargain. These actually are my main shoes apart from slippers. Since I got the first ones last year I have had improved stability on my feet and actually manage a small jog that I previously couldnt get without finding the ground quickly.
Yes I keep up the military shine to them and well have the saying that I'll give you the right royal GP. ( boot up the bum for those who dont know)
Feet set for another day at work. Now a certain someone might get the royal treatment if they dont behave.

I have also thought about the new year. Yes I am planning ahead. I will only be doing the 2 farms knitting to allow for some me time knitting. I hope to be able to do the few of the projects I had picked to do a while back. Well back and slave to the grind to get the blanket done.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:45 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    The shawl is coming along beautifully. That's a lovely pattern.

    The scarf is also nice.

    In my younger days when I lived on the west coast of Tassie I used to wear boots all the time as well mainly in the winter.

    It was just so practical because it rained most of the year and the ground was wet and soggy under foot.

    Cathy

     
  • At 9:10 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    The blanket is looking lovely!! Very nice indeed. Yes, I agree with Cathy, boots down the West Coast!! Great Bargain!! Hi Boss!!

     
  • At 3:42 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    99 cents what a bargain, dont you just love a bargain.

    That shawl is looking pretty good.

     
  • At 4:48 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Man it is such a releaf to get the job. Dont start til 18th.

    I like your boots, I really like Doc Martins, they are soo comfy. Never got my hands on authentic army boots though.

    Wow you've done a lot on the baby blanket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home