metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Be kind to someone.

I have been able to make good use of some of the things I used as show entries. The winning photo is rehomed to a aviation nut and will be well appreciated as their photos from that day are lost due to computer failure. I guess this is where I'm glad I shoot to film.

I have also sent the photo of the shetland to the owner as well. Again it is well appreciated and I have photographed all of her horses in the shows over the past few years. I have become known for good horse and rider portraits. Some others we know come and ask as well. Photography is just a hobby and I do it and think it is nice to record the horse and rider combination for the child as sometimes the horse is in its last times before they outgrow one another.

Knowing I have made them happy makes me felt the better for it. Simple little things really but giving is certainly better than receiving for me.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Yes!! The whole giving thing is very good!! I am a hopeless photographer, I really shouldn'e even use the word in the same sentence as 'I'!!! I was lucky to get one good photo from a roll of film, so I'm glad I can take lots with my digital camera.
    The BSODL 'killed' all our small shops..there are none left now. :( Look!! I made a little punctuauion face thingy!!!!

     
  • At 4:59 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Your ethos is wonderful especially for one in her younger years.

    Keep up the good work.

    Cathy

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Blogger Suzi said…

    It's nice to see not only some one giving without thought to the reward for themselves and that people are gracious to accept an unexpected gift!

    Suzi

     
  • At 9:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Breast Cancer fundraising
    Common Breast Cancer Myths

    The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

    Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

    Third is that it is solely hereditary

    The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

    Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

    Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

    You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer fundraising at breast-cancer1.com

    Breast Cancer fundraising

     

Post a Comment

<< Home