metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Monday, September 04, 2006

Punk Rock Gift Exchange Questionaire

1) How long have you been spinning/Knitting/Crocheting?
To be honest I guess its over 20 years of knitting and crochet and as for spinning no did years ago but wont these days I knit for 2 farms and they supply gorgeous yarn
2) Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice, or experienced Yarn Artist?
I guess I'm semi experienced I dont do Intarsia or Fair Isle but lace and most other things are fine
3) What type of fibers have you worked with?
Alpaca, silk, cotton,acrylic, pure wool.
4) What types are you dying to try?
Soy silk, bamboo, hemp
5) Are you allergic to anything, (Fibers, Food, Smells that make you want to puke, etc.)?
Lavender, Strongly scented perfumed things, perfumed hand or face creams. I have rather sensitive sinus and skin. I received a chemical Burn to my face and hands from a face cream 2 years ago.
6) Do you have any Disorders, ex: Diabetes?
I have MS the only real things it affects is my mobility and leaves me a bit slower and tire easily. It really doesnt pose too many problems as I have my ways of getting things done.
7) What is your Favorite Time/Style period, ex: Romatic, Grecian,Metal, Goth,etc?
80's Metal love those great bands of then. I guess Im an old school metalhead and well still stuck in that time.
8) What fibers do you dislike?
Those funky fuzz things and scratchy acrylic.
9) Name some of your favorite Artist, Movie wise, Television if you watch it ex: I heart Keanu, some things cant be helped, and Rachel loves Mike Ness !?
Well grab a cuppa, I love my 80's /90's metal bands, Lord and Mortal Sin. I love Prisoner (cell Block H) and those daggy English shows. Movies I collect Aussie movies and Carry on movies, LOve most dramas and tend to watch alot of war films or documentries.
10) Whos your favorite Character ex: Jack or Cpt Jack?
Love the charachters of Prisoner (cell block H ) and Edward Scissorhands
11) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
Love both
12) What are you favorite colors?
Deep reds, Blues, Greys and black. Am partial to natural tones as well.
13) What colors do you dislike?
Bright rainbow colours, Pink and pastels
14) What projects are you currently working on?
Grab the cuppa again, I have 3 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of bed socks, Baby cardi, 3 vests for me, Broomstick crochet scarves, Baby bootees for Bulli Show.
15) Do you have a wishlist?
Im an Aussie I wish I had Knitpicks I dont have any set up lists but If I wish hard enough I'll be happy with most things except those outlined.
16) Do you have any other favorite hobbies?
Photography, Eating, Drinking good real Tea, Chocolate, Watching Prisoner, Have a Keen interest in the weather, Exhibiting my knitting in Local shows and seeing what prizes I can earn.
17) When your birthday?
24th June
18) What is your favorite food, candy, scents that you love!! Etc.?
Good Chocolate, Real leaf Tea, any sweets no sours, NOT huge on scents as I have bad sinus trouble, Biscuits/cookies (I'm the cookie monster).
19) Are you pierced at all? Any tattoos? Can you/would you wear jewelry that isn't real?
I have pierced ears but really dont do much jewelery. No tatts that would waste the knitting time.
20) What do you like Culturally, ex: Celtic, African, Devil Worshiping, Kidding!?
I have no real like but am of Estonian and also English/Scottish decent. I am rather military oriented though.
21) What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Needles and hooks are housed in either one of the 3 needle holders, Plastic Bucket or the Shoe box.
22) What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes computer can handle MP3's dont have a ipod yet. I am a 80's/90's hair/glam metal, Black Metal and love some of the more established Aussie metal bands.
23) What's your favorite season and why?
Winter It keeps you inside to knit and make more things.
24) What season do you abhor?
Summer I only want to sleep when it gets too hot
25) How about Sports, any that you just cant get enough of or do they make you throw up in your mouth just a little?
Rugby League ( Go the Dragons), AFL ( go the swannies) also enjoy Lawn Bowls.
26) What is your family situation Do you live alone?
Live at home with mum and dad and the pets
27) Do you have any pets?
Yes there is Boss the blogged Jack Russell, a number of assorted birds and Sqwark the swearing Lorikeet. We also have a anti social Dog Annie. She stays out of the way as she is old and grumpy.
28) Do you like handmade gifts?
Yes love them, I can't sew to save myself.
29) What's your favorite thing to make, knit/crochet or other craft wise?
Socks and accessories or baby wear
30) Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straights can't feel safe with a circular.
31) Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Neither but could do with one one day
32) Tell us how you learned to knit/crochet?
My mother and grandmothers taught me and it is normal for our house to sit back and knit with the tele and dad half asleep on the lounge
33) Do you enjoy getting helpful hints from others or does it just piss you off?
Doesn't bother me I am a Member of NSW Knitters Guild and Wollongong Sitch and Bitch. Alot of people ask me stuff and If im stuck Ill ask in time.
34) How old is your oldest UFO?
I Think it is over a year now
35) Is there anything that you collect?
Military Bages and ensignia, Bears Collectable and military, Old knitting books and patterns, patch and button badges, Army boots.
36) Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Any thing from KnitPicks, Socks on the Road by Nancy Bush, Sock needles in shorter than 20 cm length, any sock yarns, and due to my hertiage Estonian Paterns differing from the Nancy Bush book, Piecework mags or the Estonian Garden Shawl I already have these in the collections.
37) What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have if any?
Only the Aussie ones Yarn and Creative Knitting
38) Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
mmmmm don't really know I learn alot throught the Guild and am currently trying to complete the Achievement certificates in Knitting through them.
39) Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are yer boats (feet)?
Love socks both thick and thin. My feet are rather small my size is 2 1/2 E but thats 21 cm(8 1/4 inch) long.
40) When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Ok again 06/24

Anything not clear grill me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home