metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

First knitted gift and about selling

Eden over at Punk Rock Knit Girls (and a guy) asked the question about our first knitted gift and if we ever sell our knitting. I have to say there has been more crochet gifts before I had a knitted one.

I have knitted mostly my own things over the years till I made Bootees for my sister and that was 16 years ago. Only recently my sister said she had never knitted bootees and I found it odd. All her children had bootees and wore them all 4 boys. I knitted them for them most of their baby clothes I knitted or crochet even their blankets. I had been crocheting Doilies for nan and hankies for my Auntys for years before and Kitchen towels are still my Great Aunt's favorite.

Yes I have sold alot of my work over the years. I get orders from either the 2 Alpaca farms or the Craft shop I belong to. I have sold alot at markets over the years. There has been far too many baby sets and other baby wear sold as well as coathangers.

These days the main knitting I do is for Country Indulgence Naturally Alpaca at Crookwell or Handmade in the Highlands at Moss Vale is the other farm. I also do alot of charity knitting with the Knitters Guild for different ones. Most of the work posted ove the past few months are all orders and now sold. I will now only sell what I have made already and well with the stuff I do for shows there is a bit of stock on hand after Easter.

So back to the real knitting and get the bask done for my vest so mum can knit the fronts for me.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:19 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I have to make a big effort to knit thimngs for ME!! It is lovely to knit for others, I really like it, but there is nothing like wearing something you've made with love, for yourself!!!

     
  • At 11:24 am, Blogger Eden said…

    I'm glad you made an entry about it. I just really like reading about what people do with their finished stuff so I thought I'd ask. :)

    Cheers!

     
  • At 10:45 pm, Blogger Zeeppo said…

    Thanks for remembering me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home