metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I will rise up on wings like Eagles.....

Soaring Eagles Project update....

One kiddies beanie that fits even me. I tried it for size and the different oppions flew and the giggles started. I was told I was a Wharfies wife, Cancer Patient or even better a Lawn Bowler. Ok me in the beanie looks odd. One of the others had this look and burst into fits of the giggles. I will steer clear of wearing beanies for a while unless it is real cold of a night to go home in. The pattern is Hot head from the 1st Stitch n Bitch book I used left over 12ply to do this.


Another ball of sock wool from Ebay. I swear it purchased itself. Cant wait to get knitting on some of my socks.

I have had a good one today stepped outside as it was thundering for a little peak and well it came down with rain that good I was soaked throughand needed to go back in to change all my gear right down to my boots. So I hope with the possible other weather to happen I can get out to work dry and let it happen when I am indoors away from it. So tonight I sit and knit and drink tea with the dog. I have wrapped the English presents ready to post and will do the second beanie I started at work. I would like to make 5 beanies for the project if I can in just a few weeks. My mind is also planning the knitting I might get done while I have holidays in a few weeks time.

Back to the reading, sipping and knitting. Might have some cake now too.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:40 am, Blogger sunneshine said…

    beautiful yarn! funny how you look at things on ebay and they end up in the mail (almost) magically . . .

     
  • At 8:47 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    It is just magic, isn't it??? I'm not a beanie wearer at all. I'm not a hat person, though I'm sure Trinny and Susannah could find one that suits me!! We had rain yesterday, we walked in the rain. It was lovely!! Hope you're dry!!!

     
  • At 9:31 am, Blogger Annie said…

    Nice hat. Isn't the weather a bit weird, one minute we are supposed to have 30, and all of a sudden we get thunder and a downpour.

    I will have to get some more colours for soaring eagles. The beanies are all looking good on the soaring eagles blog.

     
  • At 7:20 pm, Blogger Suzi said…

    I love hats! And after some frogging will br reattempting the Basic Cable form the 2nd SNB book.

    Our weather has been slightly odd, stinking hot one day then bucketing the next or changing between the two on the same day. I don't know how to dress or how may layers to lug around with me.

    Ebay! It must be an ebay fairy doing good deeds for others...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home