metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Lazy Sunday afternoon got the needles going.....





Just like the Song but I was trying to knit eat and figure what I can wear that is pink for tomorrows Pink Ribbon Day. I dont wear pink excepting my pjs and they are not to go to work in so we whipped up something. I do have a deep red/maroon shirt and thought that a little knitting brooh will do the job. Found all the supplies and sat for about 10 mins and made a little piece of knitting to end on 2 fancy toothpicks and added a mock cable for something different.


Since it was time to eat we cooked a batch of pikelets for afternoon tea. Then did a bit on the secret tea cosy and thought we had better work on the alpaca/silk scarves. I should learn not to put things in a pile and forget them due to orders.

The Branching Out that I started ages back and now should get finished. It is in Mi Inca alpaca/silk. I have not sent anything to Crookwell for so long it is time I got my butt into gear and done some.


The other alpaca/silk scarf but using the Better Homes and Gardens pattern. it too is about half done so again must finish.

Someone else had to have his picture taken today. He wouldnt let me take the other photos unless he had his first and well he was licking his lips at the idea of pikelets.

I am off to start some beanies for the children. I have a good anount of 12ply acrylic from my neices jackets. Perfect to help kee them warm.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:11 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Thanks for the reminder about pink ribbon day. I forgot which day it was.
    Yum at the pikelets.

     
  • At 10:03 pm, Blogger Jae said…

    Tia, my hubby has finally failed to explain something from the land of Oz! What's a pikelet? They look like what we call pancakes.

     
  • At 11:25 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    I love the little needles and knitting!

    oooh you got me wanting pikelets now!! lol

    Katt

     
  • At 11:56 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh there is nothing better than pikelets!! We often have them for morning tea and The Labradors love them!!! No jam or cram for them though!! What a very cute brooch!! I don't wear pink either. Hi Boss!! He does look to be about to lick his lips!!!

     
  • At 6:52 pm, Blogger Suzi said…

    I should remember Pink Ribbon Day as it seems to fall on my birthday or very close to it!

    Love the Branching Out, I have the needles and yarn and the pattern sitting waiting to be atarted and I haven't started it yet. Yet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home