metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Presenting the Kiama Tribute to Priscilla Queen of the Blow Hole

Ok it is cold and blowy. Yes it is even grey but wait what does this help add to ......


The Kiama Blowhole going nice and not over me. The Little Blowhole is going as well This is a nice day picture taken earlier in the week by Steve and well it can just act as a comparison. Why not check out the little cutie Gardie while you there. The cat is not mine he is Steves Chinchilla Persian but I think he is cute.

For Knitters guild today we did Silk painted/dyed scarves. As it was not really a good drying day we all braved the cold to use the cold wind to dry them off. So Kiama Knitters Guild take on Priscilla Queen of the Desert. It really must have looked odd to the passers by all these ladies holding the scarves like ribbon in the wind. I now know why a camera lives in the handbag for times like this



My finished product after it had been Heat set. What fun was doing that. I have an iron that does not tell me the type of setting and for about 10 mins I didnt have the power switched on. We soon figured it out.

About half an hour ago while sitting getting things organised an Earth Tremour shook.It was a case of was that real or what happened.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:02 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I love a good blowhole, though people have drowned in them. I stay back for a safe view. VERY Priscilla Queen of the Desert!! You do very exciting things at your Guild. Very lovely!! I am sure I would iron a hole!!!

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger Annie said…

    Nice blowhole pictures, your scarf turned out great, I haven't ironed mine, maybe tomorrow I will. I didn't feel a tremor down here thank goodness, had enough earth moving things happen around here to last a long time. I am on the second beanie.

     
  • At 1:58 am, Blogger Cece said…

    Thanks for the comment on my blog ? I?m sure with time, I?ll feel better about the whole thing. It?s just I was SO happy, followed by such sadness? it?s hard.


    Cece (http://fiberfish.blogspot.com )

     
  • At 7:17 am, Blogger Jae said…

    The scarf looks lovely! It sounds like a fun time.

     
  • At 5:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    omg.... Nanna, not turning to iron on is such a 'nanna' thing to do ;)

     
  • At 8:22 am, Blogger Magatha said…

    The "little blowhole" photo is fantastic! Are these blowholes in Australia or were you on vacation? On Kauai there are similar blowholes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home