metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Flying to the storm

A mixed day weather wise and even hobby wise. It was the day of the local open day and flight display at Albion Park and Sitch n Bitch. Due to the humid heat the aircraft were only viewd as they flew over my house and then I went to SnB and as the afternoon went along and the baby jacket progressed ever so well the weather closed in with a storm and beautiful rain.

It is not a flock of birds or a fleck in the camera lens they are the RAAF Roulettes as they passed over my house. In perfect formation they roared past and I was trying to do something inside which just got tossed up off my lap as I grabbed the camera to go outside.

Come the afternoon my front door looked like this outside. A good dose of rain has been falling. I have been able to relax back with the shawl and get it progressing closer to the end. I did get carried away and forgot the Iron Chef tonight.

As a treat we had a wonderful Thunderstorm on Thursday Night and Steve was in the right spot at the right time to do some wonderful storm chasing work and this is known as the pick of the 3 shots taken it has been liked by severe weather chasers and other organisations as well. I can admidt it takes a good working knowledge of your camera to get this to happen as it is over long exposure work.

I am plodding along well was very good and fixed the certificate pieces up a bit more today and just have on seam and the essay to do before posting. I have a friend at work who is making me have it all done by Mondays shift. The baby jacket just needs to complete the back then do sleeves and the collar before putting together. The shawl is coming along very well and the edging is growing. I will then need to finish the sock and knit a pair of bootees. If I can I would like to finish another baby cardigan and do a touch more in alpaca.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:41 am, Blogger sunneshine said…

    wow, what an amazing photo of the lightning!! And how speedy are you with the prge2 questions! Hello to Boss....

     
  • At 1:49 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    wow that lightening piccie is great!

    We had a little bit of thunder the other day but no lightening that I saw..Then Friday night I saw there was lightening over some other town..but didnt come out way :(

    Katt

     
  • At 4:20 am, Blogger Procrastiknitter said…

    The pictures are fabulous! Especially since I'm such a weather buff! Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 10:56 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Wow- look at that lightning!! We had a storm last week that blwe water into the front verandah. That rarely happens. Was Boss frightened?? I laughed when I read your Hail Mary!! Very amusing indeed!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home