metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Saturday, February 24, 2007

PRGE 2 Questionaire

1. How long have you been knitting/crocheting/spinning?
For a good 20 or so years both knitting and crocheting.

2. Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice or experienced yarn artist?
I'm somewhere towards yarn artist but still got alot of study ahead of me.

3. What fibers (materials) have you knit/crochet with?
Most but not soy, bamboo or hemp.

4. What are your favorite yarns?
I like nice soft pure wool or alpaca.

5. What fibers are you dying to try?
not actually a fibre but have never used any knitpicks products.

6. Do you prefer solid, self striping, or handpainted yarns?
Any am not to fussy.

7. What fibers do you dislike?
anything scratchy

8. What are your favorite colors?
Deep Reds, Blues, Greys and black.

9. What are your least favorite colors?
pastels and prissy pinks or girly shades.

10. How did you learn to knit/crochet/spin?
I learnt off my mother and grandmothers now I am studying my certificates in knitting with the NSW Knitters Guild.

11. What projects are you currently working on?
Show items then beanies for charity.

12. How old is your oldest UFO? What is it? Will it ever be finished?
About 2 months back a baby cardigan I have a little left to do on. It has to be completed for a show very soon.

13. What is the most heartbreaking project that you ever frogged?
cant think of one actually try not to frog too often.

14. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straights not very happy with circ's they bugg me

15. Do you own a swift and/or a winder?
not yet one day maybe

16. Where do you keep your needles?
Im the big plastic mini bin I was given with chocolates in one birthday years ago or the 4 needle cases I own.

17. Do you enjoy helpful hints about your knitting or does it just piss you off?
yes as there is alot to learn forever

18. What techniques are you still a virgin in (lace, cables, ect.) and are you interested in trying them?
I would like to tinker with Estonian and Shetland Lace work I can knit lace but these are just like something for a play hobby one day.

19. What knitting magazines do you subscribe to?
A aussie one called Yarn

20. Are there any books, needles, yarn, patterns that you are dying to get your hands on?
Knit picks, love Socks that Rock and well love sock needles. I have been hankering Knitting on the road by Nancy Bush.

21. Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are your feet?
I love socks they make great porta work. I have size 2 1/2 childrens feet but fat feet and need to use long military boot length.

22. Do you have a wish list?
If i did it would be knit picks but otherwise no.


23. What are your non-knitting, crochet, spinning hobbies?
Photography, planes, military things and playing my cornet.

24. How do you feel about sports?
Love AFL so Go Swannies, Love ARL up the Dragons. I do also watch a fair bit of Lawn Bowls as well. I dont play any but watch the games and watch my nephew play for the Wollongong Bulls U/18's and another nephew with his Bowls.

25. What is your favorite season? Least favorite season? Why?
I guess summer as I tend to sleep too much but dont mind winter can rug up and keep warm.

26. What is your favorite holiday?
Holiday well I work them all but I guess ANZAC Day on 25th April is my favorite. Seeing the reunions that occur from year to year of service personnell is great. Even better is watching the services I play at growing in mumber of attendance.

27. Do you like handmade gifts?
Yes cos who has time to make their own.

28. Do you wear jewelry that isn't real?
No not a big jewellery person.

29. What are your favorite foods? Scents that you love?
I love chocolate and food in general. Im not big on scents but the mild ones like sandlewood I dont mind.

30. What is your family situation? Do you live alone?
I live at home with Mum and Dad and the animals.

31. Do you have any pets?
Yes there is Boss plus another dog Annie who is rather old and watchdog like. We also have alot of birds.

32. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's?
Classic 80's Metal. I do have an Ipod and can use mp3's

33. What are your favorite movies? TV shows? Actors?
I like military based ones and love the Aussie Drama Prisoner Cell block H. I tend to watch alot of military or weather doco's

34. What do you collect?
Military Patch and Pin Badges. Any type not particular service the more unusal the better.

35. What do you do in real life -- besides knit and blog?
I actually knit for 2 alpaca farms and do Call connect/directory assistance.

36. When is your birthday? Is it a national holiday or just another day?
24th June and well as Ill be 30 it is just to be another day thank you.

37. Do you have any allergies, medical conditions or disorders that your pal should be aware of (ie. diabetes, food/pet allergies, ect.)?
I have trouble with strong scents and Lavender. I also have MS which has slowed mne back quite a bit. Also sensitive skin.


38. Are there any scents, phobias, or sensory thing (ie, the way certain objects feel) that your pal should be aware of?
Sensitive skin and sensitive to strong scents and lavender

39. What is the most difficult thing that you have ever knit/crochet?
so far my knitting certificate sample known as the undies.

40. What is your personal style? Is there a time period/fashion movement that you take your cues from?
I am military based like all things military my dress is rather neat but sedate. I dont look like a 80'S metalhead any more.

41. Anything else that you would like to say?
Im a Salvo in full Uniform and play in the band. I dont do much else but knit when not at the other job. I also am a member of NSW Knitters guild and currently the secretary for the Kiama group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home