metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Monday, June 18, 2007

Mail Time

I arrived home from work tonight to find this extra parcel that had arrived. It was no in the shape of things expected to arrive so I opened it to find this inside 6 balls of Cleckheaton Prints 8ply yarn and a Highly Commended Certificate. The cosy arrived home on Friday just in the nick of time for Saturday. So this is one good cosy. Next I will work on the new attempt for the next years show.


I am even steaming right through a chunky cable beanie using 2 strands of Handspun wool I came across some time ago. One of my friends at work asked for a cable beanie like this which she loves to keep her warm. I will team it up with a pocket scarf to help her stay warm in the cold locations she now frequents. I really am avoiding the sewing up of a baby set. Ill wait for another night for that I guess. For now it is this beanie and scarf, the baby shawl, sewing ups and then a black beanie and fingerless mitts for a friend. This shall keep me out of trouble.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:29 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh what a nice surprise!!! I hate sewing up until I actually bite the bullet and start. Then I find it's OK!! How strange is that???

     
  • At 2:20 pm, Blogger Procrastiknitter said…

    Wow how cool! It looks great. Suprise finds are always terrific!

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Well done!

    I too hate the sewing up, but unlike 2paw I never find it ok!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home