metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Sunday, July 29, 2007

As the jonquils bloom

Aren't they lovely my first bulbs that have bloomed. Lovely little jonquils. I was rather calm after seeing them despite a hassle to get sugar sticks for work. At our workplace the tea, coffee, sugar and milk you need to supply as we have a rather pricey onsite cafe only open during certain hours of the day. I work much later than they do and need to have all the supplies to make a cuppa. I have been to a number of supermarkets only to find them out of stock.


More bootees in 2ply alpaca.and below the matching beanie. Im getting there though. try to make a few more this week. I hope that is.



After this order its the scarves and I am awaiting the Bendigo baby wool for the shawl and have the wool for the second beanie. I see the light getting brighter.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:52 pm, Blogger roxtarchic said…

    i've never seen a jonquil before, so gorgeous lookin....

    i've been trying to map out what we should plant for next year... so far i've got, daffodils, day lilies, and tiger lilies on the list. havta see what else blooms in august & september... to add to the list... (i'll probably kill em all anyway) hahah

    and those booties are adorable.. i'm on a bootie kick myself

     
  • At 9:20 am, Blogger mel said…

    One of my nana's friends "K-Market" and "BW" instead of what they are
    really called. It cracks me up! Nice to hear from you Tianne. I have to
    admit I'm an old-school metal girl myself. Do you remenber Tyketto?

     
  • At 1:29 am, Blogger knitphomaniac said…

    beautiful yarn!

    And I love the picture of the jonquil, very beautiful to have that in bloom!

     
  • At 8:22 am, Anonymous marti said…

    the booties match the jonquil, they are both lovely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home