metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dapto show

Dapto Show day well only one day this year. It was wet and awful I had a very wet jacket in the short time I was there before Knitters Guild in Kiama. I will admidt it was the worst year I have ever seen for the show and tonight on my way back home when i went to collect my prize money the whole attendance of the show was in 1 function room watching Wrestling and there was plenty of room around them all. See what no horse event does and Dapto has the reputation to be stinking hot one year and pooring rain the next. So Ill remember next year Ill cook a the show.


I did ok I got 2nd for the 2 pair of bootees.



1st for Jughead beanie and well overall not many entries at all this year. I entered 5 classes and the other 3 had multiple entries and well of adverage quality not anything really outstanding. I had 8 photos over 4 classes and that was a bigger section to compete with and no luck again. So back in the morning to pick them all up.

Kiama show next weekend and I am going very well on the grey vest and clost to finishing the 1st front tonight then ready for the second. I cant wait to do my 3 needle cast off on the 1st sholder then I know I am closer to the end. Fingers crossed it gets done in time.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    Oh I didn't realise there were still cancelled horse events. It nust be very disappointing. Well done with your prizes!!

     
  • At 4:26 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Hey Congratulations on your knitted items but sorry about your photos.
    Didnt get to the show this year even though it is down the street. We were all over the place this weekend.
    I think there is the berry show coming up soon too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home