metal and knit

Not your average knitter a Metalhead and a Ag show entrant

Friday, March 21, 2008

SIR! YES!! SIR!!

Today was the big day out for me a trip to the Easter Show to see the displays and see my competition in full. Above we have the baby dress that got Highly commended, Below the Hand of Grace which despite being on a pedestal was right above the winning item.


I had a full day out and a few little things caught my eye as all militaria do.


A crochet teddy in complete WWI light horseman regalia complete with emu feather in the hat.


Private Paratrooper Bear who is a dressed Vietnam Era with a lovely set of miniatures to go with it.

OOPPSSS!!!!! this yelled out at me too strongly like a military call. I had to take this little monster home to tame it. It make me wimper under its pressure and had to go home with me. All I could do is reach for my pocket as it was saying take me home and thats an order. There were a few other bags trying but this one spoke in a demanding tone so it went with me very quietly after that. I will post more tomorrow and some of my recent obsessions.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:06 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Sounds like a lovely day. Sometimes it does not pay to ignore the orders of mohair!

     
  • At 9:04 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Congrats on your win, what a compliment for you. The mohair looks lovely too.

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Did you make the little white dress? It is beautiful. Is it knit or crochet? And I love the bag. Congrats on your win!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home